Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Did It! One Last Game at Yankee Stadium

Cross it off the list: One Last Game at Yankee Stadium


Shhh... I have a secret.

I'm a Mets fan.

But the Opera in Central Park was rained out, so I infiltrated Yankee Stadium for one last game.

I was totally thrown off by two things: the weather, which somehow succeeded in being both cold AND muggy, and the Arizona Diamondbacks' uniforms, which used to be purple and teal. Now the Diamondbacks seem to be not-so-cleverly disguised as Philadelphia Phillies...



I'm so pleased that my trend of drinking
beers bigger than my head continues unabated. I also indulged in a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions. I'll go anywhere for one of these - they are a totally welcome addition to my new Nothing But Donuts Diet. I'll be up to my ultimate fighting weight of about 165 in no time. [sigh]



Yankee Stadium is revered for its rich history, but when the crowd goes nutty and the joint literally starts shaking, you grab your photo op and GET OUT.



I'm glad I got to cross it off the list. Next stop, Shea Stadium.

No comments: